Saturday, February 9, 2013

New poll: how old were you when you got your first budgie(s)?

Hi!

Photo © vilashiniv on tumblr


I changed the look of my blog a bit, partially because the Dynamic view takes such a long time to load, especially on my tiny laptop :-)

I'm secretly happy to be back on the old layout, because you can see things much better and it's easier for me as well :-)

In other news, I've put up another poll, and this time I'm not looking at your budgie, but at how old you were when you got your first budgerigar.

I can start with myself. I was eight years old when a dark blue budgie came into my grandmother's garden, lost and exhausted. They never found the owner of the bird, and since my grandmother already had to take care of her dog, she gave the budgie to my mum. I was immediately fascinated by the budgie and begged my parents to let it stay. They agreed, and budgies have been a big part of my life ever since!

Feel free to vote and/or share your story!

Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new layout! Your story is so sweet, I'm sure that the little budgie was happy to get a new home! ;-)

    Mia & Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was 8 or 9 when I got budgies, too; a family friend who had a roomful of budgies gave us 4 parakeets. I remember being so excited when my mom and grandma came home with those 4 parakeets (a blue male named Satellite, a yellow male named Stench, a yellow female named Honey, a.k.a. Trusty, and a green female named Dew) since they were our first bird pets.
    Although my genealogy work has been scatterbrained without many formal records, some of my current birds are some of their descendants; Honey or Trusty definitely passed on her genes, and although I'm not sure about the rest of the 4, I still credit them as my founding population. I now have 12 parakeets; my all time high has been 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love my new parakeet! i named it he/she sky...its so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete