Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bika's nightmare

Photo © Sarah Warwick

This morning, right before I woke up, I had one of the most disturbing budgie dreams ever!

This is how the story went...

Several budgies in the neighbourhood had been reported missing. I don't quite know where I was, but I remember I was looking for the lost budgies. The next moment, I found myself in a creepy cellar, stumbling about. I heard some chirping and I knew I was going to find the budgies, but I was so scared that something bad had happened to them... I just hoped they were all alive. 

There were a lot of cages stacked on top of each other, and I saw that the budgies were unharmed. But some of them were bright purple, and some of them were as tiny as a zebra finch! But otherwise they were okay. I realized that these budgies had to be the victims of some kind of mad scientist. I had to get them out of here.

Next to the budgies, I saw a disposable camera (left behind by WWF or Greenpeace) and it said "use me if you see animal cruelty". I didn't hesitate and took out the camera, took a picture of the purple budgies and the very small ones. Whoever had locked up those budgies, I would bring them to justice. Then I heard a noise upstairs, and I realized that someone was coming. I opened the cage doors and set the budgies free, then broke into a run, hoping the budgies would be able to escape together with me...


Of course, I woke up so I can't remember if we were able to escape or not. This is one of the weirdest dreams I ever had!

6 comments:

  1. Bika the Budgie-saver to the rescue!!
    I'm sure it all ended well...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I hope so :)
      I was so glad to wake up :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's an incredible dream! I often have dreams about our birds, and they are often in some kind of danger in the dream. Cages falling apart escapes, etc. They can be disturbing. It's better if they're so weird they're funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I also prefer the funny dreams :D but I think I'm always worried about them, even when I go to sleep. My husband told me that I sometimes wake in the middle of the night to ask him where the budgies are, and he has to reassure me every time that they're sleeping peacefully in the living room :)

      Delete
  3. I once had a dream that Paullie flew out the door and when I went outside, the lawn was full of budgies! I had no idea how I was going to find Paullie :-) Wonder if these are stress dreams?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's an amazing dream :-) Could be they're a kind of stress dreams... I often dream about our budgies, especially when I know that one of them is ill or has a problem. I dreamt about them every night when we were staying with my husband's family in Norway... of course I was worried about my birds, and I missed them, even though my brother was taking care of them while we were gone :-) I think we mostly get these dreams because we care so much about our featherballs :-)

      Delete