Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bathing feels better in open space

Photo © We Love Budgies on tumblr

At least that's what my experience is telling me. My budgies have a bath similar to the one in the picture, but with a plastic part covering it so it can hang at the cage door. I noticed that my budgies only go there to drink from the water, perhaps because it's a confined space just like a drinking tray.

The one time they bathed (by accident!) is because Erlend had put a water plate on top of the book case, where they are often resting. Frodo became curious about it and hopped on top of the plate. He looked into the water and started to slide into the water and he didn't have a clue of what was happening!

It's true that not all budgies like bathing, but most of them really do. That's why I'm not giving up yet. I'm going to take off the plastic cover of the budgie bath right now and fill the other part with water... let's see if they go for it this time!

1 comment:

  1. F & I still seem pretty clueless about bathing, but that only means we should keep encouraging them :)

    ReplyDelete